7.31.2011

Newspaper comic book nails! (REALLY picture heavy)

I'm beyond excited that this worked. I accidentally got newsprint all over my hands this morning while reading the paper and then I thought, hey, what if I could get this on to my nails? So, I googled a little and found that several people had already done it.  However, where I used water (explanation later on) they used alcohol. I didn't have any rubbing alcohol on hand so I figured i'd have to try water instead. All of the manicures I saw used words from the newspaper and I was curious to see if the comics would work instead, they did! Scroll down for instructions. :)

First, a base coat : Sally Hansen Xtreme Nails "White On" 2 coats
It was still streaky but since I intended on covering it up, I let it slide. Let this dry COMPLETELY.




Then, you need a bowl of room temperature water and some pieces of newsprint, or the comics if you like, slightly larger than your nail. Dip the newspaper in the water until it's wet and then place it on your nail. Press down pretty hard and hold for 20-30 seconds. Try very hard not to move or lift the paper because if you do, the words will smear. The longer you hold down the newspaper, the darker the image/words will be on your nails. Then, lift the newspaper off. Unfortunately, you can't use the same piece of newspaper twice because there isn't enough ink left to do more than one nail. After you're finished, apply a clear top coat of your choosing. This is extremely necessary because without the top coat, the image just wipes off. You may end up with some newspaper ink on your hands, that's absolutely fine, it comes off with water! If you try this, let me know and i'd love to see pictures!

This is my favorite one! I love his face adourning my nail. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment